Thursday 8 May 2014

Product Review | Garnier Fresh Essentials Eye Make-up remover

Hello, 

So this is my first Product Review. 
I have used so many removers, cleansers and wipes but seem to have gotten into a bit of a rut at the moment. I wanted to try something new. 
I wandered into Boots and looked at what they had to offer. 
After a little browse and some testing I picked up this Garnier Eye Make-up remover. 
It looked Summery and bright, smelt fresh, and, most importantly, it promised to remove 'even waterproof make-up'.

Now, according to Garnier, 'this formula perfectly dissolves make-up leaving the delicate skin around the eye feeling refreshed and soothed, with no greasy or sticky feeling.' I certainly agree with the latter point. My skin was left feeling refreshed and soothed and there was no greasy residue left on my skin. However I'd challenge the claim that it 'perfectly dissolves make-up'. Although it did indeed remove the vast majority of my make-up, there were quite a lot of stubborn black flakes left on my lashes, which led to little panda eyes in the morning. 

I think the product could be useful when used in conjunction with another product, for example facial wipes or a nice cleanser. It didn't sting or irritate my skin, in fact it left my skin feeling lovely and soft. However, it just didn't cut it as a successful stand alone eye make-up remover for me. In addition I found it difficult to get the desired amount out of the bottle. It either dotted out a minuscule amount or shot out great jets; either my methods were flawed or the bottle is badly designed. 





Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment