Sunday 29 June 2014

Beauty | Everyday Routine



Rather than make a 'Get Ready With Me'-esque video, I thought I would do a photo journal, documenting each stage of my make-up routine. This was make-up for a BBQ, so quite chilled, not too heavy, but a nice amount of coverage. 


STEP ONE


I always start by removing any excess make-up with a liquid make-up remover or wipes. 
I then always put a bit of moisturiser on. At the moment I am using a 'Simple' Face Moisturiser.

STEP TWO


I always like to remove a few excess eyebrows, particularly if I am going to pencil in my brows.
No matter how good your make-up is, if you have overgrown brows (unintentionally so), you won't look as good!

STEP THREE


Now for the base layer. I use MAC foundation. I alternate between two different shade, depending on how tanned I am. I use NW20 and NW15. 
I also go over any stubborn sports and marks with some concealer. I use the new Benefit 'Fake-Up' in the lightest shade. This is also good for under the eyes. 

STEP FOUR


I like to powder after my foundation, as well as at the end of my make-up routine. 
I also use this opportunity to do some light contouring with a MAC bronze/ blush. 

STEP FIVE


I then buff a subtle bronze colour all over my face, focusing in particular on the nose, and forehead (where the sun naturally hits). I then pull a cheesy grin and apply blush to my cheeks. 

STEP SIX


Brow time. Photo on left shows me with just one eyebrow done - makes a huge difference. 
As I was trying to keep my make-up fairly casual I just applied a light shade of eyeshadow. This just helps brighten the eye area. 

STEP SEVEN


HIGHLIGHT. I like to apply highlighter under my brow. It gives your whole face a lift. I also apply it across the cheekbone. I mainly use Benefit's 'High Beam'. It's long-lasting and is in such super cute packaging. 

STEP EIGHT


Time for eye-liner. At the moment I am trying out the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner. I find it goes on really well, but it does start to smudge after a while. 

STEP NINE


Time for the final touches: mascara and lipstick. 
I am using the Maybeline 'The Colossal' mascara. I am often complimented on my eyelashes: I'd definitely recommend this mascara. 
I'm using the Sharon Osbourne for MAC lipstick. The colours are just fabulous. 

FINISHED 



1 comment:

  1. Ooh your blusher is such a lovely shade! Such a pretty look :)

    Josie xoxo Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete